Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Post of the Day

The white-tailed deer isn't as rare of a sighting here in northwest Indiana as some people from other areas may believe. Especially if you live in a rural environment they can be more of a hassle than a thing of beauty. Everyone has heard of the deer in headlights but that is not the only issue they cause out in the country. If you have a garden in your yard just like plenty of other woodland animals they will eat their choice of your vegetables and most of the time you won't notice until it is too late.

I personally connect with these creatures for all of the reasons above. Living in a rural area with fields on all sides of my house and a pond pulls them towards our house very quickly. Another reason I didn't mention is hunting. Hunting is a huge part of many people's lives around me and I grew up with a family of hunters. Every male and some females in my family growing up couldn't wait for hunting season to come every year and it became a tradition for them to all get together multiple times a year and go in the woods during dawn and dusk while reminiscing on stories in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment